Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The DLD a whole bunch of new users and a really bad back

I have just sat through an incredible interesting three day conference in Munich called DLD or digital life design. It featured over 800 really smart guys and gals from art to tech discussing various aspects of the internet. Chad Hurley from Youtube, Marissa Mayer from google, Mark Zuckerberg from the dreaded facebook, and a German neuro scientist all taking very direct questions from this amazingly intelligent crowd.

One of the things discussed about at some length was how people behave badly and write appalling things under the cover of anonymity and how that demeans the strength and power that the net potentially has to change things. Do all debates on the internet have to collapse into personal insults and foul language? When does a moderator have to get into the conversation and edit it without limiting peoples freedom to express themselves. how can we deal with information overload and jurisdictional issues surrounding cloud computing.

While all this was going on my lower back decided to behave badly so I had a hard time concentrating on a few of the talks. On top of that my company thebizmo was just releasing its first ever promotional push and getting new users like crazy. our new users where emailing me with their various questions, and I am answering them as fast as humanly possible.
My wonderful and thoughtful German investors are looking for a chiropractor as I write this, so one more session, this time on the internet and financial turmoil and I will be off to the docs office to push me back into shape hopefully.

2 comments:

Tonje said...

Great blog, David!
Sounds like you attended a very interesting conference. I would have liked to hear discussions like that. :)
Sorry about your back, but glad you got it pushed back into shape.

I'll be following your blog! Keep up the good work. :)

ceciliemo said...

Here you go again, David, sounds like the old days in Freetrax!

Good luck!

I follow your blog, and am looking forward to your rambelings.

Cecilie

P.S. Eirik was also at the DLD in Munich!